Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day #588 Dog Treats


First Day of School 2012
For several years, I've been buying special gourmet organic dog treats for my grand dogs - and any other good dogs I happen to run across. I used the buy them at Rancho Alegre in Dacula GA, through Gwinnett Locally Grown, an organization I’ve talked about before here on BeesKnees. 

They were made by an outfit called Chateau le Pup. Don’t you love that name? The last time I bought treats, I bought three bags. But then, one day, the gourmet dog treats weren’t listed in the GLG online catalog. 

YIKES! What was I going to do? My granddogs, Belle and Max, kept running up to me excitedly every time I walked in the door of my daughter’s house. They’d gotten used to my having a treat for them.

Here’s a special picture of Belle - taken by my daughter:

Cheyenne, the official greeter at Wild Birds Unlimited, also had me trained to bring her treats each time I went there to buy bird seed.

In this internet world we live in, you’d think I would have gone to my computer and Googled Chateau le Pup. Did I? Not for a whole bunch of dog-treat-drought months. Duh!

Anyway, the point of all this is that I’ve found Chateau le Pup treats once again. Amanda, from Chateau le Pup, will be at the Snellville Farmers Market this morning. And I’m gonna go.

I’ll probably buy four bags. After all, I’ve met a lot of other nice dogs lately.



BEEattitude for Day #588:
       Blessed are those who keep looking for nectar and pollen, for they shall eventually find the right flowers.

_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.



4 comments:

AggiePete said...

What a great photo of 1st day of school ! And the dog treat store sounds like a great place to shop for canine kids. Naturally this morning I was up at my usual 5 AM and all the canine/feline kids were ready for their breakfast. Vacation or not, they still know they'll get good food! Bill & Billy will take care of everyone while I'm at Katie's - will only stay a couple of days for a 'long twin week-end' - saw a new neighborhood stray feline this morning so they all obviously know where they can get love & a good meal. Enjoy your Labor Day - love to your family there (both 2 & 4 legged!)

Fran Stewart said...

You're right! Our 4-legged companions (and a friend of mine who has several parakeets would say "don't forget the two-legged, winged ones as well") know when it's time to eat.

Have a lovely twin-time!

The Cat Bastet said...

What beautiful dogs! They deserve the good treats. (Don't all dogs?)

Cathy AJ

Fran Stewart said...

You're right. Dogs are good!

I love my grand-dogs dearly. Max has Bell's Palsy, so one side of his face droops. But it doesn't slow him down a bit. I'm always amazed how animals never ever complain.